Lucas Corporate Finance advises corporations on international divestments in Denmark and Scandinavia in particular and worldwide in general.
Lucas Corporate Finance manages the divestment process with the intent to create the greatest value for our divesting client and his shareholders.
The divestment process takes place in close dialogue between our client and adviser. No steps are taken without the consent of our client.
The selling process in summary:
- Initial clarification of understanding between acquirer and adviser
- Clarification of strategy for divestment and value to potential groups of acquirers with different synergistic opportunities
- Evaluation of proper timing of divestment
- Development of effective sales documents such as Information Memorandum with appendices, an appetiser, and an owner’s presentation
- Identification of specific list of acquirers
- Consensus between seller and adviser as to who to short-list
- Execution of initial anonymous contacts with appetiser and non-disclosure agreement (NDA)
- Forwarding of Information Memorandum with appendices and additional information if needed
- Owner’s presentation to potential acquirer
- Due diligence
The typical fee structure is:
- Fixed non-reimbursable initial fee to start the process payable at the signing of contract
- Variable success fee as percentages of the value – with a fixed minimum – of each transaction
- If no transaction materialises the acquirer only pays the initial fee and expenses