Lucas Corporate Finance advises corporations on international acquisition in Denmark and Scandinavia in particular and in northern Europe in general.
Lucas Corporate Finance assists in identifying the appropriate acquisition criteria, in filtering the population of prospects, in selecting and confidentially approaching key targets, in evaluating the strategic match with the targets, in convincing them to sell their business, and in negotiating with prospects.
The acquisition process takes place in close dialogue between acquirer and adviser. No steps are taken without the consent of the acquirer.
The acquisition process in summary:
- Initial clarification of understanding between acquirer and adviser
- Clarification of strategy for acquisition and development of effective search criteria
- Identification of list of prospect
- Consensus between acquirer and adviser as to who to contact and how
- Provision of information in the form of brochures, financial statements etc. for the chosen prospects
- Execution of initial anonymous contacts to establish if prospects are for sale
- Presentation to acquirer and evaluation of the opportunities for acquisition
- Decision to move on with further investigation with one or a few candidates
- Due diligence
The typical fee structure is:
- Fixed non-reimbursable initial fee to start the process payable at the signing of contract
- Variable success fee as percentages of the value – with a fixed minimum – of each transaction
- If no transaction materialises the acquirer only pays the initial fee and expenses